So it's looking increasingly like Townes is going to need a helmet to correct his head shape (in medical terms it's called plagiocephaly). Basically, the right side of his head is flat from sleeping on it. It can affect his eye and facial symmetry over time. We've tried rotating him in the crib, physical therapy to get him to favor his left side, everything. Nothing's helped. This is a picture of him getting his head scanned. He was a total trooper and just looked at us like, "What weird thing are you making me do now?" We're getting a second opinion next week, just in case. I cried and cried at first. But then I realized, if this is our biggest health issue of Townes' youth, we'll be doing great.
I also really want to put a sticker on his helmet that says "You should see the other kid" but I don't want to promote violence. Then again, that sticker would be awesome!
O sweetie! I'm so glad you've started this blog. And yes to the helmet sticker! Ur, maybe not. Xo.
ReplyDelete